[pure-silver] Re: Kodak... losing weight.

  • From: Jeffrey Thorns <puresilver@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 10:49:05 -0700

How about cutting down the sheets (to exact size) after the paper has been processed?

I used roll stock for several years at a lab: 30", 40" & 50". I never tried to get it perfect in the dark - I cut it oversized, processed, then was able to do the final cut in the light.

Handling roll stock can be tricky: hands must be clean (to avoid fingerprints) and it becomes very easy to get half-moon kinks from careless handling.

Hello,

even I heard it today. I was in the shop for the Endura 30x40 and I was told that it is not available anymore in sheets only on rolls. I find rolls difficult to work with. Going in the darkroom for cutting al the paper and then putting it in boxes to get it flat.
Is there a good alternative for this?  I live in Belgium/Europe.
Thanks

Marc

Op 15-mei-2010, om 03:04 heeft Elias_Roustom het volgende geschreven:

Has anybody else noticed all the new dropped products - no more RA4 sheets (seems there are only the odd sizes around), slide film just dropped E100GX.