[pure-silver] Re: Kodak Film

  • From: afterswift@xxxxxxx
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 19:39:04 -0500

  Hi Everyone,

 Re digital, I think the last big bite in the consumer wallet will be the
marketing of Full Frame 35mm digitals at the end of this year. We film people
know all about FF because we use it all the time. So what else is new? Canon
got the drop on Nikon et al with their 5D FF, which folks are crazy about,
particularly pro's.

 If R&D people inside or outside Kodak could deliver film that is easy and fast
to develop and print, digital will not monopolize photography. Kodak has been
sleeping on this front for almost 100 years. They got a rude awakening.

 Bob