[pure-silver] Kentona Weirdness II

  • From: Elias Roustom <elroustom@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 21:19:11 -0500

Hi all,

earlier this evening I decided to give another try to my few remaining Kentona sheets. This time I used Sprint developer (not Dektol). And guess what? No yellow stains. I don't know how many Kentona users there are out there, but if this is helpful to anyone, that's great. Of course that's not proof of anything. It could be the few sheets that got the stain are the only sheets that would. These three sheets exhibit a new phenomena - some shiny irregular shaped spots. When turned to the light the sheets show these spots as areas of extra gloss... whatever. One of the prints looks good. I'll make another copy of it tomorrow and that should do it for this batch of paper. I don't think I'm brave enough to try another batch of it, but would love to hear from anyone else who is still using it.

Elias