[pure-silver] Re: KRST

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 02:47:19 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Stephenson" <photographica@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2007 12:00 AM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: KRST

Back in the 60's, the portrait studio (chain) lab where I worked used KBT and KRST mixed together (unfortunately, I don't recall proportions) for warm reddish-brown medium tones and colder shadows. As I recall, this was used only with Kodak's Ektalure paper, which was fairly warm to begin with.

-Bill

This was a predecessor to Kodak Polytoner. I have two versions of the formula: One is from a Kodak handbook , uses Kodalk, and gives two variations for different colors, the other came from a magazine and uses Carbonate. I have tested the latter. It works but is very much faster than either toner alone, producing full toning in under three minutes at room temperature. I am pretty sure I have posted all this stuff to this list in the past. It should be in the archives. If not, and if anyone is interested, I will post it all again.

---