[pure-silver] Re: Iron Toners

  • From: Bogdan Karasek <bkarasek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 13:30:36 -0400

Hi,

Mention has been made that, for washing, the water should be "acidified" or rendered more alkaline. What are suitable substances that can be used. Could I use Baking soda to render the water more alkaline......? or "acidify" by adding vinegar or do I have to use Acetic Acid 28%. Are there household chemicals that can be used?

Also, persons say that the water should be acidified or rendered more alkaline, but by how much? No specific measurements are given. Hard to know how to proceed if you've never done it before. Would it be possible, in the future, to be more precise than just stating that water should be acidified or what ever????? These are non-quantifiable statements and not very useful to me. My highschool Chemistry teacher would have failed me if I had handed in a lab report saying that I added "a bit more acid" to the solution. He would have wanted a precise measurable quantity. Would it be possible to ask for the same here, please!

Cheers,
Bogdan

  Bogdan Karasek
  Montréal, Québec                     bogdan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx