[pure-silver] Re: Infrared Focusing Test

  • From: Nick Zentena <zentena@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 10:17:05 -0400

On Wednesday 16 May 2007 12:04, Peter De Smidt wrote:
> Aaron Reece wrote:
> > Interesting. The Rollei infrared filter has correction for IR ground
> > right into the glass. You can just focus normally through the viewing
> > lens with no correction necessary.
> >
> > Best wishes,
> > Aaron Reece
>
> Hi Aaron,
>
> I've heard that claim but I don't believe it. How could it do that?
> Moreover, taking the filter on and off the viewing lens doesn't affect
> focus through the screen.

        I don't know how they did it but the filter might have been part of the
optical formula. It corrected. If you look at something like the Kiev 30mm
fisheye lens the lens only works if you mount one of the filters on the back.
The filter [coloured or clear] are part of the lens. I assume you could do
the same thing for IR.

        Nick