[pure-silver] Infrared Focusing Test

  • From: Peter De Smidt <pdesmidt@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 17:52:25 -0700

So I have some sheets of 4x5 infrared film that I'd like to try out. I would like to spend on sheet testing focus. Here's what I plan to do. Setup a yardstick and my 4x5 camera system in a safe place. Focus on a middle point of the yardstick, put the infrared filter on the lens and expose the film with the lens wide open. After developing the film, determine the distance of sharpest focus on the film, and figure out the focusing adjustment to use with that lens by noting the position of the standards for the original focus position, and then focus on the part of yardstick that was sharpest on the film. The distance the standards have to be moved between these two points should give the required adjustment. Does that sound right?