[pure-silver] Re: Ilford RT machine

  • From: Snoopy <snoopy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 18:42:24 +0200

Dear Jeffrey,

At 18:15 19.04.2007, you wrote:
Just curious - does Ilford still make their roller transport B&W processors? Or their multigrade heads?

No - at least as far as the processors are concerned. I am not sure about the heads. I use a normal colour enlarger head for multicontrast papers (a 40+ year old Durst actually).

I know the German Ilford (ex-)service guy who took care of the processors. He still has 6 of those beasts in his garage in "mint condition" he says (he is very pedantic). Plus he has tons of spare parts.

So if you need one, let me know :-)

When I worked in a commercial lab, I was always amazed by the volume of work you could produce with that combo.

Yes, this is ture, but as a single opertor for the enlarger its really a lot of work to keep the machine happy by feeding it paper. It has a huge appetite...but the prints are excellent.

Love,
Snoopy