[pure-silver] Re: IR in cold?

  • From: Ray Rogers <earthsoda@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 02:46:24 -0800 (PST)

--- Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Normal IR film is not sensitive to heat rays although
it can be fogged by excessive heat. Those pictures
that Kodak used to print showing glowing hot items
were made using very special very long wave IR film,
not the usual stuff sold mostly for special effect
pictures.

???

Maybe I don't recall seeing those pictures, but
I do recall seeing a KODAK picture described as being
taken in total darkness using two, hot, ironing board
irons as the "light" source, 45 degrees from the
subject, one on each side of the lens-subject axis,.

I think it was made with Kodak's High Speed
Infrared... (well, it might have been an aerial film,
but I seem to remember it as their regular 35mm
infrared film)

Does anyone know for sure?

I think it said an exposure time of 8 minutes was
used.

Ray