[pure-silver] IR in cold?

  • From: Janet Cull <jcull@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 17:03:20 -0500

Well, I'll go ahead and show my ignorance. Does cold weather, in any way, limit the use of infra-red film?

I've tried a few rolls of IR (Maco) film some time back, but never with success. Every roll has been fogged and I don't know why. I load it in dark, into my Hasselblad, and take it out in darkness. I'm assuming there's nothing wrong with the Hassy. I have problems with no other films, so that a safe assumption?

I thought I'd try more Maco, but it's cold out. (Are you laughing? This sounds ridiculous maybe, but I really don't know. Seems someone told me something like IR film is "heat activated")

Please excuse my ignorance.

Janet