[pure-silver] Re: I say Ammonium you say Potassium

  • From: Eric Nelson <emanmb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 10:58:12 -0700 (PDT)

The real annoyance is that my NGT was DOA when I tried
to use it over the weekend.  Instead of going to my
printed text references, of which I have many, I justy
typed it into Google.  My apothecary is minus the
potassium as listed on the site, and at that point I
gave up on the idea of toning these prints.
Last night when I found that Ammonium is the correct
compound, I found I do have Ammonium and could have
made a new batch.
>=(
Unfortunately that time window is closed with too much
client work to do.  Grrr.
Richard, if you find no reference to potassium, let me
know as I'll pass that on to the site.  There's enough
misinformation out on the net already.

Re:My Ammonium persulfate; it seems this compound is
somewhat deliquescent and I'm wondering if this
renders it useless or if I should just use a little
more to compensate for the water that has shown up

Eric