[pure-silver] Help?! Minolta Autocord

  • From: Leigh Solland <solland@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 19:39:37 -0600

Hi all,

I just developed two films, taken at some spectacular waterfalls in the Rocky
Mountains, and found that I had five images on each (of a possible 12).  The
culprit was my trusty
Minolta Autocord TLR, which seems to have decided that it will only fire when
it feels like it.  This is my usual camera, and it has behaved impeccably for
the year and a half that it
has lived with me.

I opened it up to look at the lens from behind, and did some "dry" shooting,
and while the shutter always sounds like it releases, it only opens
sporadically.  I was not able to find
a way to make it fire every time, or not fire every time.  The missing (or
present) pictures on the developed films appear to be completely random.

As I see it, we could go into counselling, or I could start ripping it open.
Before I do the latter, I want to ask the assembled brain trust here for any
suggestions or ideas.

Leigh