[pure-silver] Re: "Hand Printed"

  • From: Chris Ellinger <ellinger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2008 08:59:19 -0500

Elias Roustom wrote:
Ok, I give...

But because I am very interested in this topic, I'd love to hear where others draw line between hand-printed and machine-printed. I'm assuming that many here practice craft regularly, and have given this some thought (or would like to).

I see the difference between a darkroom print and an inkjet print as similar to the difference between glassware that is blown by the artist and glassware that is made from a mold. Both involve some "hand" operations, but one embodies the artist's vision and craft at the moment of production, while the other is a faithful reproduction of some past creation.

Chris Ellinger
Ann Arbor, MI
USA