[pure-silver] Re: "Green" Developer

  • From: Jean-David Beyer <jeandavid8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 20:54:12 -0500

Ralph W. Lambrecht wrote:
Jean

If neither your town nor county take waste chemicals, ask them what they think you should do with them.

I think it would be better for me, though not the environment, to let
that sleeping dog lie.

Pour them down the drain, so they end up in their water treatment plant?

That is what I finally did. I do it anyway with the photochemistry I use
up. The glycin oxidized to death, so I dumped it without using it first.
I am an amateur and do not produce all that much photo-waste anyhow. And
what I do dispose of is probably a lot less toxic than drain cleaner,
toilet bowl cleaner, and whatever is in dishwash stuff and laundry
detergent. Probably all oxygen hogs besides.

Hard to believe, they are that short-sighted in this day and age. Seriously, ask city hall. They must have a way to deal with the disposal of legal chemicals.

Sure: I am supposed to contract with a toxic waste disposal service for
big bux. And they are not interested in such small quantities as I
produce. I asked my dentist, who used to give away his spent fixer, but
they are all converting to digital now, so that, too, is disappearing.

 ^^-^^ 20:45:01 up 22 days, 3:19, 3 users, load average: 4.58, 4.40, 4.47