[pure-silver] Re: Grain

  • From: DarkroomMagic <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PureSilverNew <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 17:17:26 +0100

Sandor

Yes, I have compared it. There is no sharpness difference to speak of.
Emulsion to emulsion has some disadvantages, since we are contact printing
high-density (4+) dots. There is no light going through the dot! This means
exposure and filtration make little difference. By having the film thickness
as a ¹spacer¹, some diffusion is helping to get some exposure and contrast
control back. But it is too small to lose visible resolution. Yes, I¹m using
the enlarger as a light source.

Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

http://www.darkroomagic.com