[pure-silver] Re: Grain

  • From: "Len Eselson" <leneselson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Tim Rudman" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 10:25:24 -0500

Tim,
What materials did you use for your negatives made on inkjet printers ?

I tried to make digital masks on inkjet printers for conventional printing,
and for the materials I tried, found that they had a coating of some sort,
arranged in an orderly grid, which showed up in the print when it was
enlarged (MF negs, 16X20 prints)

I tried various materials, and printers. The best being the Epson 2200,
and Pictorico Transparancy Film but the results were not acceptable.

Have you found a combination which allows enlargement in the
range of 8-10 times ?

Thanks

Len Eselson