[pure-silver] Re: Film developer temperatures??

  • From: "Jim MacKenzie" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 16:52:12 -0600

20 degrees (68 F) makes a good film development temperature, in my opinion,
primarily because it's room temperature and we as darkroom technicians are
likely to be comfortable at that temperature.  If the development time at 20
degrees is reasonable, it is a great time to use.

It may be that in warmer areas of the world, 24 might be a more convenient
temperature, in which case by all means use it.  I use 20 because the
basement darkroom that I use is near or at that temperature all the time.

Jim