[pure-silver] Re: Film developer temperatures??

  • From: David Swinnard <davidswinnard@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 09:02:16 -0800

Dear Uncle Dick

Ah warmth... During a particularly cold spell this winter (hard
puddles!) I stuck the "outdoor" part of my cheapo in/out digital
thermometer into the cupboard under my sink (in the darkroom, in the
basement, on a south wall) thinking it was a bit chilly one day (or at
least the bottle I pulled out seemed a tad cool) It was 6.7C (do the
math for the F conversion) Even allowing for a cheap thermometer, it was
a bit surprising, this is the banana belt of Canada. Counter top temp
was about 13C.

Spring is springing, lawn is cut (I refused to cut it in early Feb, this
is Canada after all) and my darkroom is now reaching all of 20C without
the benefit of my electric wonder space heater.  (can lose the gloves
for another season) The Jobo is less stressed - though I did return to
the darkroom this morning to find the surface it was sitting on awash.
Suspect I loosened the drain a tad when fiddling with it the other
day...now it's sitting full of water again so I can see if it was a
loosened bung or the whether there is a small hole somewhere in the
wondrous black stuff that's supposed to keep the water in the right
shape to fill it.

Dave

The geese they are a honking
Waaayyy before the alarm