[pure-silver] Re: Film Still Wins ... Even Compared To Leica 18MPix

  • From: "BOB KISS" <bobkiss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 10:44:30 -0400

DEAR RICHARD,
        The first I saw of this was on page 267 in my copy of Cox
PHOTOGRAPHIC OPTICS (13th ed, 1966).  The first edition was published in
1943 and I believe it had the same two images showing that the image that
had more resolving power (holding more detail) actually had less acutance
(perceived sharpness).
                CHEERS!
                        BOB