[pure-silver] Re: Fees

  • From: "Stein" <rstein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 07:59:30 +0800

Dear Nephew Gene,

Do not grow up. Grow older, as the alternative is not much fun. Grow wiser, particularly at other people's expense. Grow stouter, and I can assure you - you will. But do not grow up above the eyebrows past where you are comfortable with yourself and are having fun. If you can find a group of people who also know this secret your life will be a joy.

    Uncle Dick

PS: The party was a wow. The trick to a good cocktail party is to appoint one member of the crowd as chief bartender and give him or her a small play-list of good cocktails and the best ingredients you can afford. Then have them mix the concoctions but pour them into half-size glasses. Each person then has two drinks in their hand and has to go find a friend in the crowd to drink with. The conviviality stars immediately and it is a great way to get the singles people to mix right off.

One measure of our Grey Company parties is the time they finish. Normal ones pack in at 10:00 PM. With this one I pushed the last one out of the studio door at 1:30 AM.

Anyone on this list who wishes to help me clean up and hose the walls down is welcome today.