[pure-silver] Re: FYI

  • From: "Edward C. Zimmermann" <edz@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jim Brick <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 01:22:13 +0200

Quoting Jim Brick <jim@xxxxxxxxx>:

> pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx is now at 180.
>
> I personally see no reason to even contemplate closing it down, even if
> someone else starts-up another pure-silver list. At 180, it seems 100%

So you are declaratively NOT a man of your word!

> viable. Plus the fact that freelists.org has a pretty impeccable track

Viable but with less than 50% of the people that were on the pure-silver
list at tundraware.

> record. And, of course, freelists keeps a searchable archive of the posts.

Completely WORTHLESS. The software they are using, htdig, is not well suited
to the task and their machine is just too overloaded.

Pure-Silver.org NEED not accept my donation of a license to IB. They can
use whatever engine/indexer they choose. I offer to donate a license because
I am in a position to donate a license.

> The majority of the pure-silver heavy hitters are subscribed to freelists.
> I think everyone is quietly waiting for the anti-freelists and decision by
> committee chatter to die down before much photographic dialog is

So you are arguing that Lenin was right.. The workers are too stupid and
drunk to ever want to take their own destiny into their own hands.. Or Hitler,
as in the masses are so stupid and drunk you can get them to jump on any
bandwagon if there is free beer. Hail the fearless leaders!

> resurrected. I haven't said anything about the negative chatter as I know
> it will burn itself out before too long.
>
> So what more does anyone want? A list with no hardware/spam/virus
> headaches, quick response, and a searchable archive seems pretty good to me.

These and more are offered by pure-silver.org PLUS the enabling mechanism to
import everyone from tundraware in a completely transparent manner--- NO NEED
even to do anything and there is even a way to have messages addressed to
pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx go to the new list over a period of transition..

Whoever hosts pure-silver.org today NEED NOT be the host tommorrow.. But no-one
would ever notice. Its complete transparent.

> If anyone wants more, let me know what it is and I will see what I can do.
>
> :-)
>
> Jim

Edward C. Zimmermann, Basis Systeme netzwerk, Munich
Office Leo (R&D):
   Leopoldstrasse 53-55, D-80802 Munich,
   Federal Republic of Germany