[pure-silver] Re: FORMAT?

  • From: Bogdan Karasek <bkarasek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 20:46:02 -0400

Hi,

On the subject of the Photo History List, if it is still active, could somebody post the address for subscribing?

Thank you.

Cheers,
Bogdan

BOB KISS wrote:
DEAR LIST,

I just saw a lovely reproduction of Roy DeCarava's "Man on a Stoop with Baby, 1950" in a Folio Society book of THE 100 GREATEST PHOTOGRAPHS.

The repro in this book is excellent. I was amazed at the tonal range from highlights through open, rich shadows and the combination of fine grain and acutance. I had heard that DeCarava worked with 35mm later in his career but I find it hard to believe that this image was made with anything smaller than 2 1/4 if not 4X5 considering that it was 1950. Does anyone know for CERTAIN (not from conjecture or personal preference) what format film/negative he used to make this image?

If the photo history list is still active, please post this question there as well.

      THANKS

            CHEERS!

                  BOB

 Please check my website: http://www.bobkiss.com/

"Live as if you are going to die tomorrow. Learn as if you are going to live forever". Mahatma Gandhi

  Bogdan Karasek
  Montréal, Québec                     bogdan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Canada                               www.bogdanphoto.com

                  "I photograph my reality"