[pure-silver] Re: Dodging Tools

  • From: Adrienne Moumin <photowonder2010@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 16:06:57 -0500

Thanks for reminding me of this, Mark.

A wonderful book I have on the subject (Black & White Photographic Printing
Workshop, Larry Bartlett w/Jon Tarrant, 1996, Silver Pixel Press, Rochester,
NY) mentions this (the British author uses the term "plasticine", which I think
is the same?)

I will add some of that stuff to the armature wire order!  (Shopping is the
best part of teaching!)

http://www.picturexhibit.comSaatchi Gallery: http://tinyurl.com/hw6r3Art DC:
http://tinyurl.com/vtjqf***************************************> Date: Mon, 12
Nov 2007 22:11:39 -0800 (PST)> From: Sauerwald Mark <mark_sauerwald@xxxxxxxxx>>
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Dodging Tools> > Adrienne> > One other thing to pick
up at the store is a lump of> modelling compound (the plastic like clay like
stuff).> > I find that I am often dodging the eyes on portraits,> and the best
tool for that is a piece of wire with a> couple of beads of clay on it.