[pure-silver] Re: Developing chromogenic B&W films in conventional developers

  • From: anclancy@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2007 19:18:27 +0000

i had a student develop some film, Ilford Xp , in HC110, strange looking
negatives. Magenta but they printed.

It was some time ago and i don't remember the quality of the print but i can't
believe it was outstanding .

ann

From: "Jeffery Smith" <jls@xxxxxxxxxx>

I have seen from time to time comments about developing chromogenic B&W film
such as BW400CN in conventional developers like D76. Have any of you tried it?
If so, what did the results resemble?

What brought this topic back to the forefront of my brain was a fellow RUG
shooter who developed Agfa Scala in Rodinal. The results were pretty good. Of
course, that is a positive B&W film, so it is nothing like BW400CN.

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA
http://www.400tx.com
http://400tx.blogspot.com/