[pure-silver] Re: Developing Verichrome Pan

  • From: mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2010 07:21:54 -0700

When Tim mentioned PVC pipe, it was one of those why didn't I remember that moments.  I have done the PVC pipe and it works.  It may not be nearly as awkward as you might think.  IIRC it was 6 frames at 5 inches long which is 30 inches.  Add a bit for leader and it can just lay inside the pipe with a cap at both ends.  Remove the cap in the dark to pour the chemistry in and out, put the cap back on and the light can come on again.  I suppose you could get really creative and make a light tight pour spout, but I never got that creative.

Doesn't need that much space, but height can be an issue.  I kept banging the shower curtain rod when trying to tip it up to empty the contents.  Just something for you to consider.