[pure-silver] Re: DELTA 100 AS REPLACEMENT FOR Tmax 100

  • From: "mail1" <mail1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 09:11:44 -0700

Richard wrote
"If it works the effect is to lower the contrast of the highlights.
Actually, the stain _is_ linear in that it is exactly proportional to the
silver density, however, its effect on the paper depends on the stain
density so its effect is greater for highlight than for shadow areas."

.....its effect on the paper depends on the stain density so its effect is
greater for highlight than for shadow areas.....

Yes its effect is linear on the film, but is its effect on the paper linear?

Jonathan Ayers [mail1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]