[pure-silver] Re: D2 filters update

  • From: "Nicholas O. Lindan" <nolindan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 17:55:59 -0500

"Mark Blackwell" <mblackwell1958@xxxxxxxxx>

No one seems to have them.  I have only a couple of choices.

That was my memory of it.

The next option I might try if I anyone has ever taken one of these beasts apart, is cutting my own.

At some time some pictures of a filter replacement job were on
the 'net.  I can't find them...

If the alternative is chuck the head and get a new one you may as well take a crack at it. Or give it to someone willing
to make a go of it.  The things are still worth money when in
good working condition.

Still this seems more trouble than its worth

What's a replacement head cost, what's time worth?

when the filters fade again its a do over.

Probably took 20 years to fade ... worry about it
again in 20 years.  Hi-temp filters with a thermal
blocking filter shouldn't have any problem with an enlarger.

makes the filter part of the image, and probably would degrade the image quality at least a bit.

No. It won't.  Not in the teeneest bit.  Not in the
slightest smidgen.

If you want to know what _will_ degrade your image it
is the response linearity (lack of) of the VC paper that's being used with the filter.

==
Nicholas O. Lindan
Cleveland Engineering Design, LLC
Cleveland, Ohio 44121