[pure-silver] Re: Cleaning Brown Bottles

  • From: Steve Goldstein <sgold@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 09:47:52 -0500

Given the relatively broad availability and modest cost of new bottles
in many parts of the world, and the ubiquity of
low-oxygen-permeability PET (soft drink) plastic bottles, I would
personally restrict myself to inexpensive, quick, and easy things like
the rice and eggshell methods already suggested, assuming my goal was
usable bottles.  To me anything much beyond this would be a waste of
my time and money.

On the other hand, if you're taking this as a challenge to be overcome
at any cost, then bring on the chromic and sulfuric acids!

My two cents, and worth every penny ;)

Steve