[pure-silver] Re: Archives?

  • From: "Edward C. Zimmermann" <edz@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 11:25:28 +0200

Quoting Peter Badcock <tallowood@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Freelists.org is already archiving all the new posts - with a search

Their search is mediocre.

> function included.  So unless we intend to combine the two somehow, I
> was assuming that it was just the old archives to be resurrected , put
> online and made searchable.

Of course..  Normally one has things so that new posts get automatically
appended to the index--- as it were, are imediately searchable. I've only
be doing this kind of stuff for over a decade--- in fact I put up the
very first mail2html back about a dozen years ago in responce to TimBL's
worry that nobody would bother to write HTML and that the window of opportunity
is closed (my response.. well read the opening comments in that source!).
The w3 museum snapshot: http://www.w3.org/History/1993/WWW/Mail2HTML/
so trust me I think I've given it some thought :-)

Edward C. Zimmermann, Basis Systeme netzwerk, Munich
Office Leo (R&D):
   Leopoldstrasse 53-55, D-80802 Munich,
   Federal Republic of Germany
http://www.nonmonotonic.net