[pure-silver] Re: Archives?

  • From: Peter Badcock <tallowood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 11:43:25 +1000

> I have put the archive of the list supported by Tim Daneliuk
> <tundra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> distributed by Edson Brandi <ebrandi.home@xxxxxxxxxx>
> here for 1 week.
> http://people.stu.ca/~smoss/stuff/

Thanks for posting this Stephen.  I have downloaded it, and
uncompressed all 42MB of it.  Uncompressed, it takes up about 433MB on
my HDD!!  It is missing posts prior to October 2000 (according to the
index at http://tinyurl.com/6mwxr ), but I will deal with that later.

I think Tim had used Namazu to index everything.  As it stands, I need
to decide on both a useful solution for folks to search online coupled
with the path of least resistance for me.  My two options are
i) investigate using Namazu on the archived data you posted in order
to access and/or re-index the data,
ii) alternatively I could wait to see what Matthew Gaylen has for me
w.r.t. the raw text data.

regards
Peter Badcock