[pure-silver] Re: Any body use Rollie ATP and process with their recommended developer?

  • From: Tom Kershaw <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 16:53:12 +0100

Eric,

HC-110 dilution B is 1+31.

see: http://www.covingtoninnovations.com/hc110/

Tom

Eric Neilsen Photo wrote:

Well, I saw your post AFTER I had processed the film in SPUR by customer request. This developer is something like $35.00 a bottle for 8 rolls. Quite expensive. and something that I didn't buy. The film is now hanging in my drying box. I'll sleeve it Monday when I go back in to the studio. This product while it may be good, doesn't seem to me, worth the hassle. What with so many other good options, I don't know why I'd recommend this path. Thanks for the reply. Tech Pan for me processed nicely in HC110 at 1:25 to 1:50.

The developer has a short and since new, unknown shelf life. I'll post my thoughts on it after I inspect the 4 rolls that were processed. These represent a few test shots, and some general shooting. The customer did not shoot same subject with other film to compare to so the only thing that I can do is give best guess about process of film in SPUR at 1:14. (approx. I diluted 70ml of SPUR to make 1000ml of developer) .

I also had a roll of Verichrome and Artista II from same customer. I quickly looked up Arista II on Freestyle's site and saw an HC110 recommendation of dilution B shown as 1:31. ( 1:7 is B) I fear the further we get away from film being mainstream, the more errors will start popping up in data sheets, etc.
Eric Neilsen

Eric Neilsen Photography

4101 Commerce Street, Suite 9

Dallas, TX 75226

www.ericneilsenphotography.com <http://www.ericneilsenphotography.com>

skype me with ejprinter

www.ericneilsenphotography.com/forum1 <http://www.ericneilsenphotography.com/forum1>

Let's Talk Photography

From: Eric Neilsen Photo <ej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, May 21, 2010, 3:49 PM

I've got a client that tried the new Rollie ATP film. Has anyone here tried
it and which developer did you use?  Thanks

Eric

=======
=======