[pure-silver] Re: Ammonium Thiosulfate

  • From: "Justin F. Knotzke" <jknotzke@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 09:21:58 -0400

On 12/05/07, Nick Zentena <zentena@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

        If you haven't already bought the stuff you might want to look at
the various
C-41 fixers. Agfa used to make a universal fixer that was just alkaline. I
think the Kodak is mid 6s pH wise. So very slightly acidic. I don't
remember
what the Fuji is.

        I don't know Dixactol. Is it a staining developer? If not why the
need for
alkaline?

  It's a staining developer..

       The ammonium thiosulfite is normally liquid [at least I think
always] and
sold in a percentage form. Around 60%?

  Ya.. I just emailed Clare at JD PhotoChem to see what she has.. Her list:
http://www.jdphotochem.com/public_html/chemicals.htm is notoriously out of
date, but she appears to list it as a 60% solution.. She's got it listed by
weight though.. We'll see what she says.

 Thanks Nick,

Justin F. Knotzke
jknotzke@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.shampoo.ca