[pure-silver] Re: 4X5 T-MAX 100; D76 (1:1); JOBO ROTARY

  • From: Camclicker@xxxxxxx
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 12:58:35 EST

In a message dated 2/18/2008 12:46:23 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
mail1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

“The Film Developing  Cookbook”, Chapter 5, Solvent Developers, explains the
in and out of D76.  A change in dilution changes PH which  can affect the
activity of Hydroquinone. With the 1 to1 dilution the sharpness  of the grain
increases due to decease of Sodium Sulfite. Changes in the  gradation of the
film
will take place, and the dilution also increases a  shouldering-off of the
highlights typical of compensation  developers.
Jonathan Ayers    [mail1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]

Thank you Jonathan, I will reread The Film Developing  Cookbook.  I will be
interested in learning what the effect would be for  those of us who do not use
Hydroquione in their D76 to promote shelf  life.

Bruce  Osgood
Camclicker @ aol.com
Brooklyn,  NY.

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)