        From: pure-silver-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:pure-silver-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim MacKenzie
        Sent: Saturday, February 25, 2006 11:03 AM
        To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Subject: [pure-silver] Re: 3200 Concert Film

        The consensus about XTOL seems to be that XTOL reacts with iron
in the water.  If your water has a lot of iron, it will probably cause
premature and sudden death of the chemical.  We have almost no iron in
our water and I've never had XTOL die in almost 20 years of usage.  If
you have sudden XTOL death problems, try using distilled water.

        Jim