Re: rip tracks and save as music CD

  • From: Pennell <pgolden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ptr1-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 07:37:35 -0600

Hi.  I wanted to rip tracks from three cd's and save them to one cd.
Obviously, not all the songs on 3 full-length cds would fit on one music cd.
But here's what I did:
These are homemade recordings, very much living-room music.
I took songs off 3 cd's and saved them to the card.  But when I wanted to
transfer them to a music cd, it wouldn't work.  The thing kept saying:
cannot transfer copyrighted material to music cd.  Okay.  I discovered that
there were over the number of megabytes allowed on a music cd.  But here's
the question:
How can it be that there are more bytes when the time of the entire  15
tracks was only 50 minutes?

Someone help the lady.

To leave the list at any time, please write to
<ptr1-users-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> with unsubscribe ptr1-users in the subject
or the body.  The list home page is at