RE: beginner with Ptr1

  • From: "Andrew Hodgson" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ptr1-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 12:33:58 -0000

Hi,

I think what is happening here is that the message is going out with
HTML - and one of the tags is set to English UK.  JFW from version 5 did
change the speech language to the relevant language, if the synthesiser
was installed.  This means that if using Elloquence, you would have it
change language.  I always switch this off, as the UK version of
Elloquence is aporling (it sounds like what people in the US think we
should sound like, not what we actually sound like!).

Thanks.

Andrew.