Text file feature

  • From: "Jamie Cuthbertson" <jamie.cuthbertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ptr1-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 13:09:54 -0000

Hi all,

Someone the other day asked about the text file feature and, at that stage,
I hadn't realised that this is a new feature that has been incorporated into
the firmware rather than one of the older text/note features.

I don't know if it is available in other language versions of the firmware
but, for those of us using the UK English version, this feature is available
under the Media Management menu and enables you to type up text files using
the main keypad.  It works much like creating text messages on a mobile
phone.  I haven't worked out all the things you can do with it yet but it's
not bad as a way to keep short notes or for drafting out a larger document
whilst you are travelling etc.

Sorry for the earlier goose chase.

Jamie

database 5970 (20110321) __________