Re: Re: serial number not spoken in system properties?

  • From: John Baker <4t5s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ptr1-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 11:09:47 -0500 (EST)

Hey me boy.  I don't think the problem can be solved as I rather suspect
the units actually still being sent out are combinations of several.
Last I knew, there were NO parts available for the PTR1's.  I know for
sure the disc drives WERE NOT.  I'm not sure if the Mother Boards were
or not.  Plextalk is, by Law, supposed to maintain parts for at least 5
years, as I understand U.S. law.  May be wrong, won't be the first time.
Good luck and if you find out anything earth-shattering, let me know.
John