PTR1 PROBLEM

  • From: "Scott Wood" <scott.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "PTR1 LIST" <ptr1-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 15:22:23 -0000

Hello again

Further to my earlier posts, I think the problem I have is with the enter key.
I am unable to do anything other than start and stop play with the enter key.

For example, I can't set a bookmark, I press the bookmark key twice and it
prompts me to enter bookmark.  I enter a number and press the enter key.  This
results in the same sound as with the heading key and does not create a
bookmark at all.

Similarly, if I go into editing items through the menus, if I choose to save
and it prompts me "are you sure", then if I press enter to confirm, then the
ending sound and nothing happens.  I am taken out of the menus and back in the
file.

It looks to me as if there is a dodgy connection with the enter key.  I bought
the unit from the RNIB a number of years ago, do they process units for
maintenance, or will I have to send it directly to the makers?

Many thanks once again.

Regards ... Scott