[pskmail] Re: using BPSK250 ?

  • From: Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 20:29:14 +0200 (CEST)

OK Vic,

you can work the Intermar servers by setting Server mode to either PSK250, or
TX follows Rx. Set client Tx mode
to PSK250....

The intermar servers on 10.148 do not provide email and web access, and they
broadcast position data every 3 hours
in PSK250.
On other bands email seems to work o.k.

Hope you have a nice trip, we are providing a new client release with improved
email capability in the next days.

73,

R%ein PA0R

--

>Thanks Rein,

 sorry I was not aware of the other client software offering, but I am now, it
all looks nice, but don't have the time to learn about that before my trip.

 I think I have it all worked out with Jpskmail, hope there will not be too
many more questions for you, I was trying to use the other servers that the
other Intermar windows client is compatible with as there seemed to be a
station on the 30m frequency in constant transmit mode and not sending data and
blocking the channel, another good reason to have multiple frequencies I guess.

 I managed to get the mode fixed, but with little success in communicating, I
could only get a response to a ping on 40m but the reply was just the preamble,
so I have no idea who was sending it.

 So far all has gone well, email sending works, I think I have set my pop
details correctly, so I just need to connect and check for email messages and
also see if I can send and receive aprs messages.

 Thanks for all your help.

 Regards

 Vic

> [...]
> Subject: [pskmail] Re: using BPSK250 ?
> Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 09:46:45 +0200
>
> Vic,
>
> please always mention which client you are using, the Intermar windows client
> is
> not compatible with all new servers...
>
> when you are using jPSKmail 0.5.1 you have set 2 modes for PSK250:
> * Set server mode to PSK250
> * Set client mode to PSK250
> That makes sure you start with the right modes. After the connect is
> established the
> server will control both Rx and Tx modes until disconnect.
>
> You can also set the server mode to 'Tx follows Rx', that is compatible with
> the
> Intermar servers,.but will keep Tx mode the same as Rx mode. The server knows
> how to handle that.
>
> 73, Rein PA0R
>
> >Thanks Joerg,
>
> >you have pointed me in the right direction, I could not find what the
> >profiles were, now I have found a list on pskmail.de that has made it all
> >clear.
>
> I will set Mode 2 for the 80m QSY.
>
> Thanks again....
>
> Vic
>

> ---------------------
> Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 18:18:17 +0200
> Subject: [pskmail] Re: using BPSK250 ?
> From: dl9ycs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>

> Hi Vic,
> if you want to connect to servers on 10147 Mhz change
> the Mode Profile in your user Data to Mode profile 5.
> 73
> Joerg DL9YCS
>

> 2010/5/7 victor maddex <[vmaddex@xxxxxxxxxxx]>
>

> Hello,
>
> hope someone may be able to help, as I am waiting for a usb to rs232
> converter to work with my windows 7 machine that I have for my adventures, I
> have installed fldigi 3.20.22 / flarq4.3.1 and pskmail v0.5.1 on another home
> machine to see if i coud get connected to something.
>
> As conditions have not been too good on 30m in the evenings I would try the
> 80m station DK4XI-80 that uses psk250, I was receiving frames ok with fldigi
> set to psk250 mode, so when it was quiet, I ran pskmail and set that to
> psk250, entered the call (DK4XI-80 not sure if that would be correct?) but
> when I pressed the connect button, the mode changed to psk500R, after the
> transmission it seemed to go back r psk250 and some time after back to
> psk500R.
>
> I seem to have lost control of the mode, is this something to do with the
> scanning servers on 30m.
>
> Maybe I am being a complete numpty, but I thought I was making some progress.
>
> Hope someone may be able to help me get started.
>
> Thanks
>
> Vic

> Get a new e-mail account with Hotmail - Free. [Sign-up now.]

> Get a new e-mail account with Hotmail - Free. [Sign-up now.]

Get a free e-mail account with Hotmail. Sign-up now. []