[pskmail] Re: test PSKMAIl tonight... it worked

  • From: Glenn Roeser <wb2lmv@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2012 09:18:14 -0400

I'm hearing AA2GS very nicely this morning. It would be great to have all
these servers on 40 meters all the time. Then the only thing we would need
is the "Big Ear Server" and we would be set! Just like in Europe. With more
servers to choose from, the SSB, CW, WL2K, PSKmail crowd could all coexist.
If 2 SSB stations can't talk over the PSKmail, then QSY. PSKmail client
cannot connect to the server because of the SSB, QSY, and go on to the next
server up or down the band, and so on. If we would all carry on in the
spirit of amateur radio, all things would be possible.
Then, when these terrible storms knock out the Internet, or when there are
emergencies, it would be possible to send an email out of the affected area
containing health and welfare information. Or to just contacts others.
When there are no emergencies, we should encourage everyone to use and test
the systems to inform the group if something is not working correctly. Or
as Andy has done, suggest ideas on how the system can be improved for
all amateurs to enjoy.
I'm sorry about rambling on, but I did it anyway. lol. Very 73 to all,
Glenn WB2LMV