[pskmail] Re: sg-2000 control in pskmail?

  • From: Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 08:53:32 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Brett,

nice to have you on board.... the sg2000 looks like a pretty sturdy piece of
gear.

The pskmail server uses hamlib to control the rig. So controlling the sg2000
would
involve writing a hamlib driver for it, or use one of the built-in protocols if
one is
compatible. The sg2000 has a memory scan facility, so writing a driver to do
mem scan
would not be a big job, provided the protocol is public.

With regard to the power used on the servers, most of them use 25 or 50 Watts.
Some of the modes used (especially the THOR and MFSK modes) use full power,
so max. power used should be 50% of Max...