[pskmail] Re: setting modes?

  • From: "Rein Couperus" <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 20:36:06 +0200 (CEST)

After setting the mode table on the PSKmail client (see attached photo), you must fix the table by pushing
the 'Fix table' button. The spinner for setting the default mode will now contain only those
modes you have set in the table. Set it to PSK250, which is the default mode in the US. When you
leave the screen with 'OK', the parameters should be permanent until you change them again.
After this the client will be reset to the default mode on top of every minute, unless you are
connected to a server.

You are still able to use a defferent mode to connect a server (provided TxID is ON in fldigi).
Duing a connected session the seerver will takle over mode control, depending on channel
qquality of up- and downlinks.
I am now talking client 1.4b7, which is the latest beta, and a candidate for release
unless you can prove it does not work (works here of course :)

If you want to file a bug report, pse mention computer, operating system etc., so we
know what we are doing...

Hope this helps,

73, Rein PA0R

newbie here ...  flidigi 3.21.7;  tried both jpskmail clients 1.0 & 1.4

Have not successfully connected to a server yet.

The mode keeps flipping to PSK500R ... (i'm in the US)

In the beta, whenever i set the modes checkboxes, and close the prefs, and then go back into the prefs, it's all back to the defaults instead of my selections. Where (file? registry?) do those mode settings get saved to?
In 1.0, i choose PSK250 from the menu, and that will change the mode selection in fldigi, but it still flips to 500 when i hit "connect".

I see references in other messages to a freqs.txt ... is this for the client, too, or just server? if client, where does this go?

Any "getting started" suggestions?

--david
KJ4IZW
USA, South Carolina, EM93