[pskmail] Re: session memory clear?

  • From: Greg <kb1ncj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2012 07:28:53 -0500

Well to clarify, the issue seems to be that while connected only the app stops hearing the server and stops responding to it. The app still responds to screen navigation. Another issue is that after app hears rsid to a new mode while idle, it stays there and doesn't revert back to preferred mode even upon starting a new session or sending aprs beacon.. I admit my rx is still "over the air" as I haven't built or bought an interface for rx yet.. Does the interface by wolfi you mentioned work for all android devices? There is an illustration of a 3.5mm 4 conductor plug that is used for audio in, out and voltage but I have only used 3 cond plugs.. is the 4th audio input there and I simply didn't know about it? If this is the case than building an adapter for my current "rigblaster" interface should be relatively simple.. I welcome some suggestions..

Greg

On 11/24/2012 06:44 AM, John Douyere wrote:

Great it worked Greg.

On Android it is in preferences / Data exchange / Resume where you have the three options called Accept / Reject / Discard, with the default being "Accept".

Interesting the issue of the application becoming unresponsive.

The only issue that comes to mind is when you have either many downloaded messages in the inbox or some large ones.

But this would happen whether you are connected to a server or not.

Can I ask you to check if this is the case (i.e. that it is unresponsive also while not connected).

And if yes, can you check that issuing a "Clear Inbox" command fixes the issue?

If it is the case I will have to make the email display processing a background task.

I am withholding a new version simply because I am waiting for the Fldigi team to finalize the RSID system for the new fast modes of the experimental Fldigi version.

Apart from the new modes there are not a lot of new features apart from some real time clock displaying seconds in the terminal and aprs screens to make it easier when using scanning servers.

All the best Greg and good "Pskmailing".

73, John (VK2ETA)

On Nov 24, 2012 9:21 PM, "Greg" <kb1ncj@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:kb1ncj@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Ok. I did figure that was the solution. The client defaulted back
    to "accept" on restart. Funny thing I noticed is the delete option
    was also selected while accept was selected. Seems like that would
    be conflicting.  I guess I'll have to be more aware of that now
    and itb explains why it was fine the session prior. Thanks for the
    help.

    Also John, I remeber having this happen a while ago using the
    andpskmail app. Is there a way in the app to accomplish the
    rejecting or deleting also? I have had some behaivior with the app
    where is becomes unresponsive during a connect session if I switch
    from terminal screen to email screen. I  also wonder if there is
    an updated version as I have been using the one I have now for
    some months now..

    Thanks again,
    Greg