[pskmail] Re: session memory clear?

  • From: John Douyere <vk2eta@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2012 13:08:37 +1100

There is an option regarding the client's behaviour when receiving a
partial download advice from the server.

As I only have an Android device in front of me I can't tell you the exact
location in the menu but there are three easily recognized options:

1. Resume downloads (the default)

2. Ignore (the partial download will remain on the server and the partial
download advice will therefore be sent at each subsequent connect until it
is fully downloaded or deleted ).

3. Reject/delete. The partial downloads are just deleted.

73, John (VK2ETA)
On Nov 24, 2012 9:26 AM, "Greg" <kb1ncj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I take that back.. on next reconnect, back to the huge download again..
>

> This time it stopped. I checked the bullet under file "delete partial
> downloads" was this the key? Did me next tx include some code to tell
> server to relent?
>
> Also, this last connect from south Florida to North Carolina was done
> Indoors from a building with a metal roof on a miracle whip portable
> antenna with 5 watts and thor 22.. my goodness! I just had to try it and
> almost 100% accuracy. It did switch to mfsk32.. is that a more suitable
> mode for my qrp experiments? By the way, I think Pskmail is Great!!
>
> 73
> Greg
>

> On 11/23/2012 02:46 PM, Robert Krasowski wrote:
>
>> Yep, I saw you connecting and saw that big file . I did not watch much
>> after that. I will send your info to our forum and see what advice will be.
>> I think it was my transceiver being off frequency. I tuned to 15.000 Mhz
>> and saw the marker on 14.998,54 not on 14.998,5. I see other stations now
>> on pskmail exactly where they should be.
>> Thanks for help and info.
>> Robert
>> KB2PNM
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> On Nov 23, 2012, at 1:02 PM, Greg <kb1ncj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>  I have this problem a few times now.. I accidentally request to download
>>> a large email and "quit" or "abort" (tried both). Upon next connections to
>>> server, the server begins to send the large email again without me
>>> requesting it again.. It allows no other activity and is stuck with this on
>>> every reconnect. I clear all headers, inbox, etc on jpskmail.. I think the
>>> may have been discussed before but not sure.. Is there a solution?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Greg