[pskmail] Re: server install

  • From: "karel Fassotte" <karel.fassotte@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 06:30:55 -0500

yes Ralph and all, the suggestion to switch between, PSK64, PSK125 and
faster modes like the 188-110a/b modems would be very attractive.
I also suggest to integrate an IP interface to have a slow IP access
to the internet.
This would realy make a difference for faroff regions in porjects I am
working on, beside the amateur experiments overhere in Ecuador.
73
Karel
HC1AKP

2006/12/18, sanson.r@xxxxxxxxxx <sanson.r@xxxxxxxxxx>:
When trying to install the older live distro I encounter a message "drakeinstall not
found" or similar. As it took me 3 months to run the original client and learn all
the peculiarities of FC4 I would like to do the server and new clients with the live
distro install. I assume it doesnt matter that I'm putting a Mandriva distro onto an FC4
machine?

This problem might go away when i obtain the later server distro however I
wanted to install and test what I have now. Some of the issues I'm looking for
include:

Will I need a fixed IP addr. from the ISP? The ADSL line I use is not connected
to my own ISP, will I need to change?

Once the testing of the newer modes has shown preferences, would it be best to
have a server / client that will run and switch between psk63 , psk125 (or any
better mode) and the 188- 2000bps as supported modes?

If I do get my server up & running, my next concern is to have it autostart
from power interruptions etc, without keyboard / monitor etc.  I have already run a
Skype system (set to autoanswer) this way for remote voice over HF access.

Ralph