[pskmail] Re: pskmail thread in WL2Kemcomm yahoo-group

  • From: "Wolf Hoeller" <oe7ftj@xxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 12:53:30 +0200

> I cannot get at the yahoogroup discussion, as they wanted me to subscribe,
> and
> I am getting enough mail already :)

You can set your profile to read the messages via web only. I did so and it is
no problem. You can use a minor-antispam-email-adress for registering with the
group.

> for Wolf, I saw your attempts last night... SM0RWO was reading you fine
> most
> of the time, but you did not ack, so the problem is still on the receiving
> side at
> your end... IS0GRB is S8 here during most of the day (we were still
> chatting
> 23:00 local).Have you tried a separate receive loop to increase S/N?

Thats my observation too! The receiving signal is possible too weak for clear
decoding. When fldigi reads a frame, significant parts of it are missing or
wrong (i.e. OEcxTJ instead of OE7FTJ). A human can interpret it correct ->
fuzzy-logic!
I'll try to read the imd and s/n value in the fldigi window next time, when
receiving a longer text.
When I send out an APRS-beacon I get back an 'QSL' immedeatly, but when I try
to connect - no success.

Perhaps a longer wire with optimized match could help to increase the rx-signal
quality. But I have to ask some other hams with more knowlegde in hf and
hf-antennas.... ;-))

@Rein:
You should come to visit Innsbruck and give a lecture about pskmail ;-)

--
73 de Wolf, oe7ftj
ax25-mail: oe7ftj@oe7xlr.#oe7.aut.eu