[pskmail] pskmail tests

  • From: "Rein Couperus" <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 17:23:43 +0100 (CET)

I am trying to reach IZ3LCJ via the list, as his email address does not work...
if somebody knows how to reach him, pse help....

Ciao Mauro,

I have been looking at your pskmail tests, and probably I could
give you some advice:

* The client you are using was especially made by Intermar e.v., and can only
be used with Intermar servers on 10148.00, they use PSK250 as default mode.
The Intermar client is 2 years old, and is not anymore compatible with modern
pskmail.
On 10147.00 we use PSK500R as default, and the servers degrade automatically
the mode
if necessary, from PSK500R to PSK250R, to MFSK32, THOR22, etc...
The Intermar client is not compatible with this.

* It is no use trying to connect one of our servers 10x when it does not work,
especially if you connect to a server whilst another QSO is alrady running on
the frequency.

* If you want to try out the present form of PSKmail, you need a newer client.
This is available for windows, linux and OS-X.

* Download of the client is possible at http://hermes.esrac.ele.tue.nl/pskmail.

* Information about pskmail is at http://www.pskmail.org

So if you want to experiment, pse use the compatible software,
or try the servers on 10148.00

Tnx and 73,

Rein EA/PA0R/M

--