[pskmail] Re: [pskmail] RE: [pskmail] Notes from the Zweibrücken meeting

  • From: "John Douyere" <vk2eta@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 22:08:20 +1100

Hi All,

Reviewing the notes, I noticed the comment about the new modes. MFSK64 was
tested here to allow another dimension to the modes available and that was a
higher data speed than psk250.

In practical terms, the wide bandwidth I agree is an issue as a) it goes
against the initial objectives of Pskmail of narrow bandwidth and b) it
prevents the used of a narrow filter that is useful for the performance of
the server. On the other hand I can use Thor22 with a 500Hz filter quite
successfully.

So in summary, since I am the one who made the original proposal for Thor22
and Mfsk64 to be integrated in the code, i would recommend that we remove
Mfsk64.

Comments welcomed.

I am happy to take the latest clients and servers codes and perform the
change if agreed.

73s, John (VK2ETA)