[pskmail] Re: pskmail

  • From: Joe Hetrick <jhetrick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 08:52:56 -0500

On Oct 18, 2007, at 2:28 AM, Rein Couperus wrote:

No, fldigi works structurally with pskmail.
fldigi-1.342 works with pskmail 0.4
fldigi-1.38.06 and higher works with pskmail 0.5.

Ok; But the PSKmailclient/server has to be touched in the startup directory, depending on what you're doing?

Yes, you meed a PSKmailserver file (may be empty).

Only if you're running a server, though, correct? What about if you're running a client?

I mean SMTP relay, not POP. Unless we're assuming the remote server allows POP before SMTP and the outgoing and incoming mailservers are the same. Does this make it more clear what I'm asking?

I'm asking about outbound (to the internet cloud) mail.

OK. That is a problem for the server, this is one of the crytical items. Most SMTP servers accept mail from their own domain, so they relay mail coming from the pskmail server. But you are right, this could become more of a problem in future.

One solution for this, would be a few internet bound relays that would trust known PSKMail server sites. I've got a couple of mailservers on the net, and allowing relay access for the half dozen listed hosts. I could certainly get smtp-auth setup on them and give the pskmailserver folks access that way, rather than relying upon host/ip based relay access.

Rein

73,

Joe KC0VKN

--
http://pa0r.blogspirit.com

--
Joe Hetrick
perl -e 'print pack ("h*",a6865647279636b604269647a616e69647f627e2e65647),"\n"'